Sometimes, when we go to bed many thoughts surround us and don’t let us fall asleep easily. In the
same way, if we sit in meditation with a mind full of thoughts and disturbances, we may not get all the
benefits of meditation. It is said that the joy of meditation can be increased if done with a relaxed mind.
The following steps will guide you on how to relax the mind and the body.
- Sit comfortably with your eyes closed.
- Feel your breath and every part of your body.
- Believe that the divine energy or the “POSITIVE ENERGY” is coming towards you.
- Believe that this positive energy is flowing through all your body parts, one by one.
- Absorb the energy.
- Feel the energy circulating in all your body parts.
- Sit with this thought as long as you can.
- When feeling relaxed, sit for a few minutes more and try to “Observe” your inner
This relaxation technique can be practiced anytime and anywhere. Not only before meditation
but also when you feel stressed, depressed, anxiety or restlessness. You can tell your family
member, friend or a colleague to read it out loud for you. If you take my advice, record it in
your voice and listen to it whenever you feel like.
Once you start doing relaxation, you will see the following changes in you:
- Reduced stress
- Improved mood
- 4. Better quality of sleep
If you have any ill family member in the house, relaxation technique can prove to be beneficial
for them as well. Many research studies have shown that the patients who practice relaxation
technique are more acceptance to their illness and don’t feel bad about it.
The best part of relaxation technique is that you will start feeling its effects from the first go
itself. The relaxation technique along with meditation helps to maintain the state of calmness
and stillness in you.
I hope this article benefit you and the relaxation technique bring felicity and revive your